Monday, June 9, 2008

Chapter 4



The Fyre chronicles: The Parody



Tehviruss knockee on the door. “Hey Delty, you in there?” “yeah hold on….ok you can come in now!” came the muffled voice. The door opened and I stepped inside. “Hi how are you?’ said the person in front of me. Letting out a cry of shock I dove back outside the door. Tehviruss burst out laughing. I could only stare at him, for inside to door was a guy with snakes for hair. “Sorry mate I forgot. Look Delta0Medusa isn’t going to turn you to stone. His just …changed because of the Fyre.” Tehviruss told me. “Will it happen to me I?” asked nervously. “Well yeah, did you think San Ting or I used to have hair like this?”. “I though that San Ting had some Nordic background!” I protested. Delta0Medusa walked out of the room to see me flinch “Oh get over it you pansy, my amulet is what stopes me freezing people, but you keep that up and I’ll-“ he stopped and whipped of the necklace and stared at me. Needless to say I squeezed my eyes shut. I hear a sigh “Look I can’t turn people to stone ok, something this dramatic isn’t likely to happen to you, probably something boring like your eyes will change colour something. All I am is your room mate for now.” I slowly uncurled. “Look, the fact is that people aren’t suited to the Fyre, so to accommodate it the Fyre needs to make some subtle changes. Only someone whom is a true being of the Fyre will go unchanged.”. That night was one of broken sleep. In the morning Delta0Medusa took me to get food. After I had recived it I took a bite and gaged. “W-what? This is cold!” Delta0Medusa smirked, “We think of it as an incentive to try harder with learning about the Fyre.” He stood up an began to leave. “Enjoy!”. With my meal a hard lump in my belly, I began to follow the instructions that I had been given yesterday in order to find Professor Hojo. After getting lost twice and sidetracked thee times I final found where I was meant to go. When I got through the door I found Professor Hojo waiting for me. He was a wiry and almost deranged looking, just like the cartoon mad scientists. On his plain shirt was a strange triangular symbol. “What’s the picture on your shirt mean?” I asked having learnt last night that everyone seemed to have something that represented them like TKD Ske7ch’s teddy bear or GuzzieStyle’s badge. Delta0Medusa said something to do with “Messenger Fyreballs” but at the time I was rather preoccupied by his hair/snakes. “It is meant to symbolize the connection and balance between Fyre, Yce, Steam and Watyr.” Professor Hojo cleared his throat and asked “So, do you want to learn about how to use the Fyre?” “Well, not really all I want is to-” I was cut off for what felt like the thousandth time. “Yes or no?” I sighed with exasperation. “Yes” “Good then! Now would you consider yourself fit or not?” I gave him a sidelong look and replied “I’ve been sitting in an office cubical for the last 9 years but why do-” infuriatingly he talked over me again. “Right…here put this on.” He hoisted a backpack at me. When I caught it I heard a crunching sound from inside, and judging by the fact that it hurled me to the ground, I deduced that there were rocks inside. “Put that on and then run down to that bridge there and back again” he said as he gestured to one of the spindly bridges that I’d seen yesterday. “Why do I need to do this, isn’t Fyre controlled with the mind?” Professor Hojo shook his head while muttering something about always the same question “Yes Fyre is controlled by the mind but you can only unleash Fyre if your body can handle the strain. Anybody could destroy the world with the Fyre but their bodies would expire before they could draw on that kind of power. Consider that Fyre isn’t technical a power but we say it is because that is as close to understanding its nature as we are ever likely to get, people don’t have a natural reservoir of Fyre, we are merely a vessel for it, a symbion life, both existing together, neither controlling the other. Only manipulating, I’m sure you’ve seen some people that are a bit out of the ordinary have you not? You either have it or you don’t. This applies to all entities of the Tempest. If you are injured in a fight, you’d notice that you can’t draw as much Fyre as usually for fear of the consequences. Thus it is important to be as physically strong as possibly to be able to use more Fyre and for longer.” I remembered how Decons Fyre beam slowly got smaller. So it wasn’t because he couldn’t draw more Fyre, he just knew that if he did, he’d die. ‘Bit late’ I thought ‘If I’m in the same situation I’m going to just let it all out. If I die at lest I’ll take me enemies with me.’ I was jerked from my thoughts as Professor Hojo gave me a push to get me moving. “Come on, GO! We need to move on to more important work, move!” I scowled as I trotted out of the room. I knew for certain that I would not enjoy the next few days but it must get better at some point.
_____

Original post: http://www.fyreball.com/d/Avc-K6

No comments: